The New Quarterly is looking to expand its governing board of directors.
The right candidate for our board loves to read and appreciates the importance of having our own, Canadian literary culture. We welcome candidates with experience in publishing, digital technology, retail, promotion, media, law, and accounting.
In addition to overseeing the magazine’s finances and general administration (approving budgets and the like), our board:
- takes an active role in fundraising (specifically occasionally assisting with Bingo)
- takes on roles on the editorial side of TNQ: interviewing writers, helping to organize and host readings
- takes advantage of professional development opportunities (e.g., Magazines Canada consultations on fundraising, human resources management, branding, and web marketing).
Our board meets quarterly on the third Thursday of the month.
Contact Pamela Mulloy, Editor by firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-884-8111 ext 28290
- Alister Thomas, Chair
- Tom Wilhelm, Treasurer
- Catherine Brunskill, Publicity
- Patrick Jocsak
- Andrea Kerswill, Fundraising Committee Chair
- Alysia Kolentsis
- Emily Schroeder
- D.B. Scott
- Carol Acton, ex officio St. Jerome’s
- Tristanne Connolly, ex officio St. Jerome’s
- Mary Dever
- Heather Montgomery
- Logan Walsh
- Peter Woolstencroft